It has come to the attention of the Office of the Member of Parliament for Ho West, an edited picture of the MP’s presidential primary ballot paper showing thumb prints against two different candidates.
The MP’s office wishes to put on record as follows:
1. Hon. Emmanuel Kwasi Bedzrah is one of 94 MPs who declared support for HE John Dramani Mahama. By virtue of this declaration, his vote cannot be considered to be secret.
2. On Saturday, February 23, 2019, Hon. Bedzrah was at Dzolokpuita E.P Primary School to vote at around 10:05am.
3. A picture of his ballot was taken and posted on some Ho West NDC WhatsApp platforms.
4. Hours later, an edited version of the original ballot paper showing two thumb prints was posted on these same WhatsApp platforms by a known critic of the MP. Prior to this, another critic prompted of a “Breaking News”. Not too long after, another version showing three thumb prints was also posted.
5. The Ho West Constituency registered 1 rejected ballot. This ballot had a thumb print against the 2nd and 3rd candidates on the ballot paper, not the 1st and 3rd, nor the 1st, 2nd and 3rd candidates as shown on the edited ballots involving the MP. The facts of the rejected ballot paper as stated herein are verifiable from the Electoral Commission offices in the Ho West District .
5. The general public is advised to treat the edited ballots with contempt.
Edwin S. Kwame Koge
PA, Office of the MP for Ho West